Sunday, March 2, 2008

Baby Ella!!!

Ella in her first Michigan GEAR!! GO BLUE
My favorite picture of Daddy and Ella

Baby Ella is finally here!! She arrived Feb. 29 at 930 pm on the dot, 9.5 lb and 22 1/2 inches long! We went into the hospital Thursday night at 800pm, however nothing happened all night but me complaining about my IV. The best doctor in the world came to see me at 8 am and broke my water. This is when the fun began!!! I then went into full blown labor!! I made it to 6 cm and at noon I had an epidural. I was really happy with this decision. I really enjoyed (I guess if you can say enjoy) my natural experience but I didnt think I had enough strength for the whole race. At 6pm I was ready to push!!! I pushed for about 2.5 hours and little (I mean LARGE) Ella wasnt coming. My hips were just not going to be big enough for her massive chunks ;-) So I was told that I would need a c-section. Not exactly how I thought this was alll going to end but it was the best thing for my health and baby Ella's health. We were so surprised when they said..."its a girl" Bill got teary eyed and he told me wasnt going to cry! We are maddly in love with our Ella Rose. Here is alittle picture of her....more girly ones to come especially since Aunt Angie says she needs pink!!!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

She is in definite need of some pink. But congratulations on your little girl!!! Love her cheeks and chunk.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

Erin

Elaine V. said...

Hey, saw your comment on Angie's blog, so I looked you up. Your little girl is so cute. I don't know why people say she's boyish bc I think her little eyes and lips look really girly. Post some more pix in her pink though. Also, noticed you're doing cloth diapers (previous posts). WAY TO GO! We've done them the whole time and they're so great. Save a TON! God bless you and your family.

Jules C. said...

Congrats Frey Family!

Samantha said...

Congrats!! :) (And yes, she needs PINK!!!)