Saturday, August 2, 2008

Bill's going away lunch

This is what happens when you have a baby in your hands and your trying to take a picture...nice work Ella
Captian Lisko talking about Bill

Captain Lisko giving Bill his gag gifts
Breea and Ella....Ella was just made bc I wasnt holding her anymore...Breea was being nice to her :-P
Very bad picture of me but I wanted to show off my new hair cut!
We had Bill's going away lunch it was very nice. The Col. just got here so he doesnt really know Bill but Col. Duffy wrote some stuff about Bill and he read it to us. It made me feel so proud of him. He works really hard and it showed through the kind words the Col. shared with us. I was very suprised when the Col. wanted to address me directly (that usually does not happen) but because I was the pheonix spouse for the squadron he wanted to thank me for everything I have done for the wives in our squadron. I was very surprised and touched by his words. I was getting a little emotional saying good bye to such an awesome squadron and our wives group. I was social chair for our wives group as well so of course Ally had to get up and say some things about me...which also made me sad even more. England is going to be so different, the weather group only has like 15 people and only one other officer. Its going to be a change compared to what we have here at Scott but I know God will bless me with amazing friends and I will be feeling the same way about them when we leave England. I sure love being a military wife, the best part of it all is knowing you will have a family no matter how far away you are from your own. So, mom rest-a- sure that I will be ok in England and that you don't have to worry about me. I will miss you horrible, I love you so much! We leave in 5 days!!!

No comments: