Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Our crazy monkey girl
I love to play with daddy
Ella was too interested in the camera and not listening to daddy read to us.
There now shes listening

Daddy went on TDY early this morning. I think he had to leave at like 430am. NO FUN! We have a pretty strict bedtime routine for Ella. Bill baths, I dress, Bill reads, I nurse and put into crib. We have been trying to be very strict with it all because Ella still is not sleeping through the night. Some nights she does great 830-5 nurses for 20 minutes and sleeps for another 2-3 hours and other nights shes up at midnight, 3, and/or 5. So last night since it was Daddy's last time to be with Ella for a few days we broke the routine. Ella and Daddy got to play in her bedroom after I put her PJ's on her. They had a great time HOWEVER, let me tell you how big of a mistake that was!! After storytime, we nursed adn I tried putting Ella in her crib it started off fine but then about 5 minutes after I left her room...SCREAMS coming from that sweet little girls room. I let her cry for awhile but then Bill came down and asked if I was going to go in and get her. Even though, I really didnt want to, it usually makes it worse if we go in, I did. I nursed again, she bit me and it really hurt, thank you Ella! and so that was over and I put her back in her crib. I rubbed her back and did her sssshhhhhing for about 20 minutes. She seems to be settled and getting drowsy. I left her room....about 10 minutes later SCREAMING...so I do the same thing over and shes finally asleep for good.....Think AGAIN!! She woke up again at midnight, 3 and then at 545 for good. I was not a happy camper and lets just say we will not be breaking bedtime routine ever AGAIN! So for all you new moms, if Daddy wants to break a routine, just say NO!

No comments: