Our holiday started off in Triberg Germany, it is located in the Black Forest. And it was so BEAUTIFUL. The deal was that I would do all the communicating in Germany since I took it in HS and Bill would do the talking in France, he took it in HS. Lucky for me, we only went out to dinner once while at the Air Force Base bc Bill got sick with the stomach flu... then I got sick in France, oh'and Ella decided it would be a good time to start getting her two top teeth...so needless to say this was a very eventful trip although the pictures are still really nice.
I liked the house way up on the hill. You cant see it that well but Ella and I still look good ;-P
We thought the shuttlers on this building were pretty cool. This was next to the store were we bought some baptism gifts ;-)

Theres a better picture of the house!
View from on top of the hill.
Veiw from on top of the waterfall.
tallest Wasserfalle in Germany
IT WAS FREEZING!!

Theres a better picture of the house!
House of 1000 clocks. There were Cuckoo clocks everywhere! You could pay like 10,000 euros for one clock, it was ridiculous!
Beautiful Germany. Doesn't it remind of you the Sound of Music. Bill wouldn't let me go act like Maria since we weren't in Austria. He said it would be a fake and that I be able to go there soon enough and look like a fool :-P

Hiking away!

Germany
Freiburg Germany old city wall 
Cathedral in Freiburg.
This is the village that Chip and Katie told us about. There were so many people there. It was a Sunday evening and we thought everything was going to be closed but we thought we would stop anyways. Boy were we wrong!

Pretty House!
Family picture 1...could be seeing it again in a Christmas card.
Obernai France. Once again Katie and Chip told us about this place. Very nice!!
We had dinner here, it was very good!

Cathedral in Strausbough
Little France in Strausbourg
Family picture 2.....maybe this one will be for Christmas cards.
Little France Strausbourg
Cathedral in Reims
Bill took all the pictures in this cathedral since I was SO SICK!!
Champagne tour! This was really neat. They took us down to their champagne cellars and told us all about how they make their champagne.
Bill enjoying his first glass of real champagne!! YUMMO!!
I love wine as must of you know and now I LOVE CHAMPAGNE, well at least the REAL STUFF!! We bought a bottle for our 5 year anniversary, well that is if I can hold off 2 more years :-P
Mont St. Michel at high tide
Mont St. Michel village
a great picture of Mont St. Michel at night! Good job HUBBY!!!

Mont St. Michel Village
Mount St. Michel
Germany
Cathedral in Freiburg.
Pretty House!
Cathedral in Strausbough
Mont St. Michel Village
We went to Utah beach, Omaha beach, and the American Cemetery in Normandy. I am a huge fan of Band of Brothers, and it was so neat to be on the same beach as the men on D-day. It was sad standing there knowing just how many people lost their lives as I stand enjoying the beautiful water. It makes me feel so proud to be a wife of an Air Force Officer. Thank you hunny and to everyone else for all that you do make us and our family safe and free.
Utah Beach

Utah beach, monument and museum

St. Mere Eglise's Church
Point Du Hoc

Point Du Hoc

Omaha Beach
WWII graves
WWII American Cemetery monuments
Utah beach, monument and museum
St. Mere Eglise's Church
Point Du Hoc
Omaha Beach
WWII American Cemetery monuments
Since our ferry took us right to Dover, where Dover Castle, is we decided to stop and have a peek. It was very nice! This castle was used during WWII. They began building this underground tunnel system in the 1890's and used them as a hospital during WWII. The tunnels weren't quite as impressive as we thought they were going to be. But it was still fun to say we've been there.
1 comment:
Absolutely Beautiful! You are lucky, just like we are to be living and around such great Countries! Keep traveling, but keep well for heaven's sake!
Post a Comment