Monday, December 15, 2008

Anniversary evening OUT!!

Walking home after our evening out! Bill took the picture maybe he shouldn't have had that scotch
All dressed up and ready for our evening out!

Saturday I surprised Bill with dinner reservations at a fabulous little restaurant in our village, the Merry Monk. We decided not to exchange gifts this year, well I had dinner planned the whole time and I knew it wasn't going to be cheap so I thought an evening out just the two of us would be the best gift. Ella is 9 1/2 months old and this is the first time we have left her with a sitter. My great friend Hannah, offered to come over while we went out on our date. I'm so grateful for Hannah she is the best! God always seems to take us to places where I meet some amazing friends. So anyways, Bill and I had dinner reservations at half past 8. We were so pleasantly surprised at how romantic the restaurant was, it had a beautiful fireplace and candles lit everywhere. We got a table back in the corner it was lovely. Of course I must talk about the food Bill would be so disappointed if I didn't talk about it. Bill had the fillet which was very good and I had chicken breast stuffed with Brie with spinach, mushrooms in a white wine sauce! It was so Delicious!! WE always had a fabulous bottle of French wine. (Don't worry we walked to the restaurant so we could both enjoy some wine and lets just say the French make some strong wine) It was so nice just to sit talk and not have to worry about what Ella was doing. We love our Ella don't get us wrong but it was so nice to get all dressed up and go out to dinner like we used to do ALL THE TIME in college. We ended the evening with some yummy dessert and scotch. It was an anniversary evening I will never forget.

1 comment:

michelle lynn said...

Hello beautiful! You look amazing!