Monday, December 8, 2008

what a great Monday


Leg warmers are the thing here in England (and in AUS so I hear) I just love them too, however I wasnt going to pay $12.00 for a pair, so of course I had to figure out how to make them!! I made them with knee high socks, cut off the heel and toe and a quick sew and you have them! I actually made 12 pairs today of course they are not all for Ella. I just love them and they are perfect for evenings at home when we are just relaxing and playing.


Hat #1 from Grammy, actually from cousin Gavin, it was his last year! Thanks Gavin!!

Ella's new Nikes...she'd rather eat them than wear them

look at those warmers!

hat #2 a christmas wouldn't be complete without a SANTA hat!

and #3 winter hat that will hopefully stay on her HEAD!!




We started the day with Ella sleeping a full 11.5 hours, nursing and then sleeping for another 1.5 hours!! That is a first of what I hope MANY days. She woke up in a great mood and it continued all day long. We met Hannah and Lula to do some shoping in Ely! I got my Christmas dress, some socks for Ella's leg warmers, and fabric to make Ella's socking. Oh'yes I also got a Scottish, Irish, and English (which is pretty much like a US CD) Christmas CDs. They are great! Bill came home with 3 wonderful boxes. One being from my momma. Unfortunately, most were wrapped for Christmas so we will have to wait to open those one, but we did get a few early presents. First, Ella got her first pair of Nikes, they are so cute. We also got RAFFI's Christmas CD, which Im pretty sure was mostly for me, but addressed to Ella. I LOVE IT and we have listen to it nonstop ever since we got it. Bill likes it too and I caught him a couple times singing along! Today was so much fun and pretty much perfect...more days like this and baby number 2 could be here any day....hehe!!

4 comments:

Samantha said...

Leg warmers are all the rage here too. ;)

The best directions I've used to make them {I'm not sure how you made them and yes, Noah wears them around the house... so his knees won't get all knarled from crawling!} have you fold the foot portion in half and then sew them together. My favorite pair is his tiger set.

Also, Target has them for $3.99 in pink and white {the Circo brand, not the actual BabyLegs brand, though they do carry those too}.

michelle lynn said...

watch for what you wish for :) How crafty are you making leg warmers! Ok, you have to tell me how to get a nice big pic on top of the blog. I'm sure its easy, but mommy brain has the best of me these days..

The Mitchell's said...

Love the pic of Ella at the beginning. Also, the Christmas background theme is great. Love, Love, Love the baby legs. I just got socks to make them for new baby m
Mitchell. Did you use the same directions as you sent me before? I am also curious about how Samantha made hers with the folding? If she has that website could I have it too. Also, can we see more of Ella's leg warmers. They are so very cute.

Elaine V. said...

They are big in the states esp with cloth diapers. People use t-shirts, CD's and leg warmers so they can show off the diapers. I don't think they are as good on boys, but to each their own. I think baby boys would be ok, but mine's almost 2! We've been making longies from fleece for warmth. Those are really fun too. I love those on Ella, they are really cute.