Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ears, Cavity,shots...OH MY!!!

Hugs for bunny
silly time with momma

look at me I will give anything a hug


our little girl
So this past week has been so busy!!! We had to go to the hospital everyday!!!! As many of you know Ella has been fighting several ear infections over the past couple months. We were getting pretty nervous with our big trip home to Ohio coming up and Ella having ear infections. 8 hours in the air and a sick baby wouldn't make a fun trip for anyone on that plane. Let's first begin with how much I LOVE our ped. doctor. He is just amazing and he tells me how stinky adorable Ella is every time he sees her. (which I realize he probably says to all his baby patients but I still feel special) So we have been on all the 3 types of oral antibiotics each worked for about 7 days and then we were right back at square one. We weren't suppose to get an ear check until Thursday the 8th but all last weekend Ella was just fussy and not sleeping at all!! So I called first thing Monday morning and got her in that afternoon. The doc comes in checks her ears. I am a pro now at the ear hold! and gives me that look ones again. THEY ARE BACK or maybe never left! This time they are really bad!!! So he tells me the next step is for Ella to get 3 injections of a stronger antibiotic that will go right into her blood stream and get this all fixed!! He tells me that it usually only takes one dose and they are better. So I leave hoping for the best and for at least abit of sleep monday night. Monday night is maybe alittle better but my mommy powers tell me that she still has bad ears. He looks Tuesday and gives me the same look, although the left was abit better but the right NO GOOD! More shots!!! This time Ella knows whats coming and starts to scream as soon as I lay her on the table. Tuesday afternoon she took a really long nap and is in a very happy mood when she gets up. Tuesday night only gets up a couple times. We go in Weds for our ear check and left one is look great but the right one still not 100% MORE SHOTS!!! Poor little Ella. *side note I had to go the docs. for a check up myself! thank goodness Hannah saved me and let Ella come over to play with Lula while I went. I couldn't imagine taking such a sleepy and cranky baby with me! *At this point I confessed to Bill that I feel like I might be having an affair with the doc. since we have seen so much of him this week and the doc wants to see me again Thursday morning. So we go to the ear check, everything looks good...bad news...Ella needs tubes! So we had to go to the referral office to set that all up and the whole time Ella is screaming bc all she wants is to be nursed and go to sleep. Not to mentioned the girl is new and doesn't know how to take care of us! I was just alittle annoyed waiting for her to figure it all out. *Side note...had to go get a cavity filled at 1 Bill came home for lunch to take care of Ella just in time for me to run out the door and be 5 minutes late for my appt and was so numb for the rest of the afternoon it was AWFUL* Friday, dropped Ella off at Little Lambs so ones again Hannah can watch her while I go get blood work done. Have I mentioned how much I love Hannah for helping me out so much this past week. She was my angel all week long!! She's the BEST!!!
So that is what my week consisted of! It was very crazy!!!!! Im hoping for a better week this week especially since we fly home THURSDAY!!! I cant wait!!!





2 comments:

Amanda said...

it's been a LONG week for you!!! i hope you're feeling better and i certainly hope ms. ella's ears are better SOON

Samantha said...

Poor Ella. :(