We were lucky enough to be in Rome on a Weds. when the Pope has his weekly audiences. It was a very cool experience. We got there about 30 minutes before it started and it was packed. We really didn't know what section we were in so we just started flashing our tickets to the guards and they kept letting us get closer and closer. It was AWESOME! I think our adorable daughter helped us out a little bit. The Pope does a special papal blessing for everyone there, thier families, and any religious item you want blessed by him. We wanted to get Ella a special Bible from Rome for her First Communion (she wont be making it for about 6 more years) but all the Bibles were extremely expensive, like 90 euro expensive. So I finally decided on getting her a rosary. Its very pretty. Its a very pale pink and the cross on it, is like none I have ever seen before. I think she will really appreciate it when we give it to her on her special day. Now, I just need to make sure it gets through 2 PCS's :-P
No comments:
Post a Comment