Today was quite the eventful day!! First I liked my keys in my car on base. "Well at least she was on base" you maybe telling yourself. WRONG!! The security forces were worthless! They refused to help me and they were not very helpful on who I should call to get help! For goodness sakes its not like we are getting bombed what the heck are they doing!! Oh by the way, they would have been incline to help if I had a child or dog in the car! I really have no respect for Security Forces at the moment (sorry if your hubby is one) I do however LOVE LOVE LOVE weather! I am slowing realizing how great it is for Bill to be weather. First, he hardly ever has to go into danger zones, b/c he can forecast from afar just as well as being there and secondly, the family type bond we have with everyone in Bill's shop (flight (for AF peeps)/office(for non AF)). All I had to do was call our flight chief, Bill, and he was over with another guy helping me out. I didn't think it was that hard to pick a lock, but I WAS WRONG!! So to all you thieves out there don't even bother trying to break into my car, its not worth the frustration!!! By the way, I was needing to be at Stanstead Airport to pick up a 14 year old flying in from Germany ALONE...and my cell phone locked in my car! NO WAY TO TELL HER WHAT HAPPENED!! So after about 25 minutes of them trying to get my stupid car unlocked I go to Bill...I need to pick up Kateri in an hour, she's flying alone and I dont have anyway to get ahold of her. Without even thinking about it, Bill throws me his keys and off Ella and I go to the airport. Thankfully he has two little ones and has an extra carseat in his car!!! We were able to beat Kateri off the plane and wait for her in the terminal!!! Thank goodness I did not want to ruin Kateri's first time flying alone.
So after all that running back to base to switch the cars, get to the post office...oh I almost forgot to tell you it took them 2 plus hours to get my car unlock! ARENT THEY AMAZING!!! We decided we needed to just go out to dinner so we went into New Market to a place called Pizza Express, its between a Pasta House and a California Kitchen! It was really good! We had alot of fun!! Lets hope for a better day tomorrow! Although today ended well so thats a plus!
No comments:
Post a Comment