Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy is what happens...when your hubby comes home

Introducing our God daughter, Loralai! She's adorable and we are so excited for her to be our first God daughter.
Ella loved loved baby "orli" She asked about her all the time. I think shes going to be a great big sister if thats what God wants for our family!
the coolest book ever!!! I got this book a while back and now she so gets it! She loved it! She even asked me to take her picture! CHEESE!!!

Daddy is home! Bill got home about 45 minutes after we made this sign. He was early by about 25 minutes! I was a bit scared hearing the back door open but it only took about .3 seconds for me to realize it was finally him!!! Ella came running into the kitchen bc she heard me screaming and looked and me and then Bill and then me and went running up to him saying Daddy! It was so cute! It was like he'd never left us. As you will see that have been inseparable since weds. night!

our first breakfast together in 7 months!
and what do we make him do when he gets home but of course put together Ella's baby stroller, PNP, and swing! What a DADDY!!!
look mommy daddy is fixing it!
putting baby Sally to bed. Thanks Gammy she loves loves loves her new baby set!
we opened up Christmas presents Thursday afternoon!
Ella loved her new finger puppets.
She got loads of Sesame Street toys! Thank you dollar bin at Target! I heart Target, oh how I miss you already :-P
She wanted to show daddy her coloring one more time.
Ella pretty much just opened all the gifts! and yes that is a cookie monster barrette she has Elmo in on the other side! So CUTE!!!
My book from Bill, he got me a curling iron and some beautiful pearls!
Yes she loves playing with her daddy. I could watch them all day long...and I DO!

Our first family picture after we ate our yummy Christmas dinner.
I was trying to do this new technique my sister in law sent me but I think my tree is a litttle too short to get the full effect but my pearls do look pretty! I knew there was a reason for Qatar to exist :-P
TACKLE TACKLE TACKLE

Shes are cutie-pie
Saturday we went to Bury to our favorite market. We also thought it would be fun to get pastries and coffee to celebrate our family being together again. There's always a long line at the bakery so Bill got into line and I told him what to get Ella and I. When he got back he handed out everyone's pastries. (I thought she would like one with lots of "candies" or raisins) I was VERY WRONG. SHE FREAKED out bc she wanted daddy's pastry. Of course she would want the one with all the frosting and sugar. I should have known! I thought I could just get away with breaking a bit off for her her but oh NO!!! She wanted the BIG one!!! So daddy got to eat her tea cake and Ella licked all the frosting off his and ate about 3/4 of it before returning it to him. WELCOME HOME DADDY! It was pretty funny! We've decided next time we get pastries we will all get the same thing!

more play time!!
You may or may not know my husband has a bit of an obsession with Scotch these days. Last year for Christmas I got him a bottle of Talisker and this year I got him 3 different bottles and then he went out and bought himself another bottle of Dalwhinnie. He loves his scotch! I've had them all and I'm still not a huge scotch fan.
Thanks so my best Brit., Hannah, Bill and I had a lovely dinner out to the Merry Monk. It was cold walk over to the restaurant but we sat right by the fireplace and I was in heaven. We had a very nice dinner complete with this amazing Hot chocolate fondant dessert...oh my goodness I can still taste it! It was so nice to just BE!!!!
When I got back home I plugged in our old TV (which actually belonged to our friends) into the British outlet and YEP I fried our TV! I never even thought about the whole voltage thing. I totally forgot. So here's to our separation pay a new TV for the hubby. Now I was okay with not having a TV for a little longer, but Bill wanted to watch his football before it was all over. Oh'well he loves it and it is a really nice TV. We brought in our old coffee table, its going to be our TV stand for now! It looks classy :-P but I just hate paying for overpriced furniture that I don't even like. So we will wait until we get back to the states.
Ella was a big helper. She loved helping her daddy out!

MORE assembling!!! We finally got Ella's art supplies for her easel. So during her nap today we put that together too! It must have been the fact that we haven't seen each other for the past 7 months we bc we put this thing together with NO Arguing!! I am bad at not really reading the directions but questioning what he tells me to do after he read the directions. I must be getting better at that!

Ella in her new smock (I have a great and easy tutorial if you want it let me know)
Our amazing talking in sentences, laughing, asking questions, recalling, singing, playing her harmonica, adorable daughter!

video to come later!!


WELCOME HOME BILL!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pearls are so pretty! I've heard that people actually vacation in Qatar... pretty crazy, huh? SO glad to see pictures of your little family back together!:) Tell Bill WELCOME HOME from us! I know you are enjoying having him back. Way to go Kelly!!!! It's OVER:)

Anonymous said...

I'm actually not sure how the borders show up around my pictures. I don't make them on another website and I'm not sure if it is because I upload them to show up as the large pictures on my blog or what. I use Picasa (which is Google's picture editing system) for the words:)

Samantha said...

Welcome home Bill!

jen said...

finally!!!