Saturday, June 26, 2010

Sound of Music Tour

Mirabell gardens. We went here to play the day before the Sound of Music tour.
The steps Maria and the kids sang Do Rei Mi
The fortress not part of SofM but a pretty good picture.
The Von Trapp's house was actually filmed at two separate locations this is the back of the house. It is now owned by Harvard University. So it is not open to the public but you can still see it from the other side of the lake.
all of us in front of the house
theres the gate everyone climbed out of when they fell out of their boat.
this is the "other house". Its also privately owned so this is the closest our tour guide could take us. Those are the trees and wall Maria sings "I have Confidence" on her way to meet the children.
captain and maria's first kiss happens here!!! It used to be at the first house but so many fans were trespassing onto Harvard property that they decided to move it to this HUGE garden for everyone to enjoy. It is locked however bc too many people were trying to be like Liesl.
WE stopped in a little village for coffee and cake. SO YUMMY!! Apple strudel!!!
This is the moutain the train was going up in Do Rei Mi
So happy to be on my Sound of Music tour and so happy my husband tolerated my craziness.
another pretty village with our pretty Ella
The CHURCH!!!
The altar
Me pretending to be Maria :-P


I love the SofM and was so happy to be able to see all these great spots in Austria. I have held out from watching the movie bc that might just put Bill over the edge with this little obsession I have. I just love the story and the movie. I enjoyed our tour very much. Ella must have too bc she keeps asking us where Bob's Tour gone? Its adorable.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

How cool! I can't believe how big Ella has gotten...