Saturday we drove to Mobile, AL. Lets just say Ella had other ideas for us. She slept at the beach, at the battleship, and during our walk on the boardwalk. The drama began as we went into the resturant, Original Oyster House. Everything was fine we waited patiently for our table, Ella all smiles and happy. Then we walked into the resturant and all chaos broke through...the screaming began. We were seated and I decided to take Ella back outside to try to calm her down. It worked!!! I went back in to join Bill. He had ordered and told me to quickly go to the salad bar while Ella was asleep. I took about 3 bites of my salad and Ella woke up. She started just whimpering and then it started getting worse and worse. I thought if I nursed her that would make her happy, NOT THE CASE. So outside we went again! At this point Ella is SCREAMING at the top of her lungs, red, and tears running down her face. After about 10 minutes of swaying, sssshhhhing, and telling her it was okay she settled down. I thought it was safe to go back in and finish my dinner. OH GOODNESS, was I wrong!!! AS soon as we went back in and sat down the screaming began again. I told Bill to get our check and get our food to go. All the people were looking and we were ruining everyone's dinner. I left once again as quickly as I could. EVERYONE STARRING at us. As Ella and I were waiting outside for Bill everyone stopped by to admire our little Ella and tell me how cute she was. I just thought..."yeah you werent in the resturant just a minute ago hearing her scream"....Then we had an hour trip back to Biloxi with a SCREAMING BABY almost all the way back. WHAT A DAY but at least its over and we are better now.
No comments:
Post a Comment