Tuesday, July 22, 2008

alittle update

Today we went to the doctor's because Ella has been having a fever on and off since Thursday. She has been extremely cranky and not like herself at all. This morning she was crying in pain as I took her temp. I guess getting it taken up the butt cant be all that comfortable. It was 101.2. I called the doctor right away to get her in. We got an appt. at 145. This morning was the longest morning ever! All Ella wanted was be held and loved, which we have no problem doing. The doc looked her over, her fever was up to 102.3 now and in her ears. We thought she might have an ear infection but her ears were fine. So we had to do blood work to see if there was an infection in the inside. Bill just had to go to work, darn him, so I had to do it alone. IT WAS HORRIBLE! You think getting shots are bad just wait until you have to have your little one give blood. I had to hold her tight in my lap while they stuck a needle in her arm. I had to do everything not to cry infront of the techs. We then had to wait over an hour to get the results. Finally, the doctor came and told us that her red and white blood counts were high and low ( I forget which one was what) which meant she has an infection. The doc is assuming its an UTI bc she has alittle lesion on her Vi-JJ. So we have meds for her little Vi-JJ and some meds to clear up that yucky infection. Hopefully in a couple days she will be feeling better and ready to party at the wedding this weekend. Thanks for all your prayers. Its been a rough week for us all. And because Ella has been down so much this week I thought she deserved a new outfit :-) So we went shopping tonight while our house was being shown. You'll have to wait to see the outfit its for our family pictures we are taking in Ohio on Friday.

1 comment:

Megs said...

i hope ella is feeling better! thank you so much for the card, and the prayers- every little bit will help our little boy:)