Sunday, September 14, 2008

Its been so long....

Well we are our semi settled into our new fabulous house. WE still do not have our own furniture but that should be here in the next few weeks. (lets all keep our fingers cross) I have been very busy with teaching bible school, going to the gym, going to a different playgroup everyday of the week, and oh yes being a mom. So where to start...
Sunday school~ I am teaching the 8th grade class for preparation for Confirmation maybe jr. high is my calling. Today we had a lovely time in class. The kids are really great. I have this one boy, who just cracks me up. You can tell he doesnt want to be there but knows he must and do well or his parents will not be happy. Hes quite the character and makes me laugh by his simple remarks.
Gym~ Kim, how is the other Officer wife in the flight (its just the two of us, we need more officers) has been going to the class on bass where you can take your baby with you. So Ella and i have been going to that 3 times a week. Ok lets be honest I would like to go 3 times but its more like 2. Its a really great class and hopefully by the time I come home in January I will be small and Ella much bigger :-P
Playgroup~ I'm not sure if playgroups are a big thing in the States, since I never really looked into it while we were there. However, in England and more so in my village they are HUGE!! I was alittle nervous about going to our first playgroup. Our first one was Music Mayhem and ELLA LOVED IT!! We sit around in a circle and sing song, play instruments and have just a lovely time. Thats my favorite one so far!! Then on Tuesdays we have Busy Bees, which we basically sit around and talk while the babies play. I found 3 babies all about Ella's age and they all live in the village. Neve, Holly, and Toby. Neve actually just lives a couple houses down from us. I'm thinking Ella will have no trouble finding friends her own age. The moms were really nice too. Im pretty sure I will be able to find some friends too. Weds. we venture over to Soham which is just a few miles up the road. There they have a children's center, where there is an under 1's group that meets. That one is so nice because the babies are all the same age and you dont have to worry about some 2 year old coming through knocking down the little ones. Thursday there's something somewhere, I just didnt go :-P Friday is Little Lambs at a Baptist Church in our village. THERE WERE A TON OF BABIES AND TODDLERS there. It was not my favorite one but we will give it another shot this week. I was feeling abit playgroup overload and will probably not attend one everyday of the week, but at least I know they are there and we are welcome.
And now to my favorite subject being a Mom and out little Ella girl. She is getting so big! We started solids and boy is the end result STINKY!! Goodness, I never knew a little girl could produce such foul smelling poo. We have also entered into the world of "What mommy you are changing my diaper but I want to go get that" it makes changing her a new ballgame and add dirty stinky diapers in the mix and its so much FUN!! Ella is also starting to CRAWL!! It was pretty special because Bill was TDY most of last week and was afraid he would miss her first little crawls, but like a good daughter that she is she waited. We both got to see her crawl for the first time! IT was very special!! She isnt an expert at the whole crawling but she is getting better everyday. She is now doing this new thing where she will sit up in her crib and just look at the door with her passy in her mouth waiting for me to come in the middle of the night. And when she sees me just gives me the biggest smile, it just melts my heart and I dont mind getting up at 1 am if I get to see that face. We are down to one feeding at night and I think that will be getting dropped very soon since she is on solids and I dont really think she needs the milk. She is doing so wonderfully here and I wish you all could see her more. Internet should be working at the house on TUESDAY and my mom mailed us our stuff from vonage for the phone! So lets hope it gets here soon so I can hear our little nephew, Ethan, when he gets here!! COME SOON PLEASE, your parents esp. your mother is getting a little impatient.
O'yes one more thing, I have miss placed the cord to download pictures so it maybe awhile before we can order and get a new one, if its not one thing its another.

No comments: