Friday, January 30, 2009

We've got orders....

"A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty."

We've got orders not to move from England but for my dear husband to serve his country. We knew this day would come when the military would call him to step up and become the solider he has been trained to be. I find myself trying to be as strong as possible not just for Bill but for our daughter Ella. I've talked to many "veteran" wives who have gone through this before and they all tell me that I need to strong for Ella. I have to hold it together for Bill too! He is the one that will be leaving all family, I get to go back to Ohio and be surrounded by loving family and friends. Hes the one that will have to make tough decisions and will be alone in a country he has never been to and probably would have never thought to go to before. He's the one that will miss Ella talking and growing even more. He's the one that will miss holidays. He's the one that will have to eat Thanksgiving dinner in a chow hall trying to be thankful for all that God has given him even though he hasn't touched them for 7 months. So really what do I have to be sad about it looks like I have the easier end of the deal. Its going to be a tough 7 months but I know that we will get through because we always do. We are a family and even though we will be apart for such a long time we will stay a family. We will support eachother just like we do everyday. We will continue to have a strong marriage with God's help. Life will continue and before we know it will be all over. So to my dear husband that I love so very much, you make us so proud and we are happy that its you keeping us safe. Thank you for serving our country.

3 comments:

michelle lynn said...

What a great attitude you have already going into it. I am so glad I came back here to family while Josh is gone. You can talk to me anytime about it when he's gone, the good, the bad, and everything inbetween. Love you!

Samantha said...

That's a good attitude to have! We've had several friends who are dealing/have dealt with deployments and the ones who come through with flying colors are the ones who remember that this is what they signed up for when they married their husbands and that God is going to protect them.

Be safe Bill and we'll be praying!

Mary said...

Hi, Kel,

Sorry we missed you in OH but I have been trying to check your blog now and then. Ella will keep you very busy while Bill is away, so hopefully, the time will fly. Being with your family will help you stay strong.

Bill, be assured of our prayers for your safety while you're away.

Love, Aunt Mary